VC WALKABOUT SERIES 1/2017
VC Walkabout Series 1/2017 was successfully held on 18 July 2017. The evnt was led by the Vice-Chancellor of UMP, Professor Dato' Dr. Daing Mohd Nasir Bin Daing Ibrahim who was accompanied by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and International), Professor Dato' Dr. Rosli Bin Mohd Yunus, and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), Professor Dr. Mashitah Binti Mohd Yusoff. Also present were the Registrar of UMP Mr Abd Hamid Bin Majid, the Bursar of UMP Mr Zainudin Bin Othman, the Dean of the Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Professor Dr. Kamarul Hawari Bin Ghazali, the Head of the UMP Security Division Captain Razman Bin Abdul Manan, the Director of the Department of Property Management & Development, Mr Marzuki Bin Mokhtar and the Director of OSHMO UMP Mr Muhammad Hairynizam Bin Muhd Taib.
Among the objectives of the VC Walkabout were:
- To express the commitment of the University’s top management in fulfilling Section 15 of the OSHA 1994 regarding the responsibilities of Employer in ensuring occupational safety and health at the workplace.
- To give recognition to the implementation of safe working system implemented at responsibility centres or pusat tanggungjawab (PTJs).
- To identify hazards/ risks at the workplace.
- To encourage interactions between employer and employees at the grassroots level in OSH related matters.
- To give motivation to members of staff at the PTJs to enhance OSH level at the workplace – as an indicator of utmost concern by the management of the OSH level of employees.